Resources for Marriage, Divorce, and Relationships
FPC is committed to helping marriages flourish. Here is a list of resources for those preparing for marriage, those wishing to strengthen their marriages, and those desiring to heal from the pain of divorce. Many of the books listed here are available for borrowing from FPC’s library in Fellowship Hall on Sunday mornings. These resources were collected from suggestions from FPC’s Pastors, elders, and members.
A Biblical View of Marriage
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim and Kathy Keller.
- Together: Reclaiming Co-Leadership in Marriage by Tim and Anne Evans.
Preparing for Marriage?
- Couple Check Up. An online assessment tool designed to identify the unique relationship strengths and growth areas of dating, engaged, or married couples.
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before and After You Marry by Les and Leslie Parrott (book).
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman (book).
Seeking to Strengthen or Save Your Marriage?
- Couple Check Up. See description above.
- Retrouvaille. A program designed to help couples heal and renew their marriages. Especially helpful for couples on the brink of divorce.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter. Renewal and marriage enrichment weekends to heal troubled marriages and make good marriages even better.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (book).
- Yes, Your Marriage Can be Saved by Joe and Michelle Williams (book).
- Getting Marriage Right: Realistic Counsel for Saving and Strengthening Relationships by David P. Gushee (book).
- Between Two Worlds: The Inner Lives of Children of Divorce by Elizabeth Marquardt (book). An exploration of the costs of divorce for children.
- How We Love: Discover Your Love Style, Enhance Your Marriage by Milan and Kay Yerkovich (book).
- Financial Peace University. Financial stress can often aggravate marital problems. This seminar, regularly offered at FPC, helps couples and individuals get control of their finances.
Seeking to Heal from Divorce or a Broken Relationship?
- Divorce Care Groups. Support groups and seminars to help people heal from the impact of divorce.
- The Beginning Experience. Seminars and small groups for the widowed, separated, and divorced.
- Celebrate Recovery Groups. Support groups to deal with broken relationships, addictions, and other challenges.
Want to Know How We Can Strengthen Marriages in Our Community?
- Marriage Savers. A national organization dedicated to trying to save and strengthen marriages.