FPC Library and “Information Central”
Library News and Updates
Our books for Easter and Lent are now available for checking out. Each week before Easter some specific books will be highlighted on our display tables. We have books for both adults and for children.
Several of our children’s books help children learn the difference between a popular culture message of Easter (the Easter bunny, etc.) and the real meaning of Easter, which is Jesus’ death and resurrection for our sins. We also have free Easter coloring pages that kids can color at the library or take home to color later.
One highlight of our adult Easter books is Jesus’ Seven Words, Our One Word by Pastor Martin Ives.
Make sure to stop by the library before or after the service to pick up some books! If you have any questions or want to locate a specific book you can also email us!
The library is starting a reward program for children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. Every ten times a child visits the library they get to pick a prize! Some of the available prizes are toy cars, necklaces, hairclips, and coloring books.
One of our librarians will be visiting K-5th grade Sunday School this Sunday, March 26th, to tell the kids all about the new program. You can also stop by the library to learn more about it. K-5th graders who stop by on March 26th
can choose one free prize before they start the program!
If you have any questions, please email us!
Check out our NEW pro-life resources for Sanctity of Life Sunday in the Church Library in Fellowship Hall on January 22 before and after church. They include:
- Abortion and the Early Church: Christian, Jewish and Pagan Attitudes in the Greco-Roman World. Learn how the Christian church from its earliest days stood against abortion and the destruction of innocent human life.
- Why Pro-Life?: Caring for the Unborn and Their Mothers by Randy Alcorn. Check out this one-book resource about how we can help the unborn and their mothers and nourish a culture of life.
- Won by Love by Norma McCorvey. Norma McCorvey is the “Jane Roe” of the Roe v. Wade decision that created a national “right” to abortion in America. But now Norma supports life. Learn what happened.
- Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader’s Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line. Read the riveting story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood clinic director who changed her views on abortion.
- Hand of God: A Journey from Death to Life by the Abortion Doctor Who Changed His Mind. Bernard Nathanson personally supervised more than 60,000 abortions. Then he discovered God.
Our free community Christmas concert is almost here! Join us this Sunday, Dec. 4 at 6:00 pm for a time of singing and hearing Christmas carols featuring vocal choir, handbells, orchestra, and pipe organ. Plus stay afterward for cookies and hot cider. Invite your friends and bring your entire family!